Our client is an established, highly respected technology business, having been trading for over 30 years.
Due to internal promotion, there is now the requirement for a talented, ambitious Senior NPI Buyer to join their team.
The ideal Senior NPI Buyer:
The new addition to this growing business will be responsible for the quoting & implementation of new business opportunities and the value engineering of existing business to help actively contribute to the growth of revenue and drive margin enhancement on an ongoing basis.
- Preparation of BOM’s from Customer format into workable data
- Day to day supervision & mentoring responsibility for NPI Junior Buyer and other team members as and when the department grows
- Analysis of New RFQ’s to identify at first possible opportunity that we have all necessary information to provide accurate and comprehensive quotes
- To engage with customers to resolve potential issues in a timely fashion when required to do so
- Work closely with Production Engineer & other company personnel to ensure the smoothest possible implementation of all new business into the company
- To assist with Engineering or production issues where possible
- To provide sales/customer service with clear accurate information to enable accurate quotes to be provided to customers
- Costing of BOM’s, mainly electronic components and PCB’s
- Continuous review & development of NPI processes to provide “Best in Class” service to stakeholders
- To identify and pursue tools and methodology to ensure a culture of continuous improvement is maintained and encouraged
- Working with colleagues to identify potential alternative materials to enable future cost savings and offer customers pricing options
- Business system maintenance to include but not limited to creation of parts numbers, new BOM’s and pricing information & updates
- To assume responsibility for delivery of all first production batches at prices quoted by the NPI team and to engage in the purchasing of all new business
- Price negotiations with suppliers
- Maintaining and developing relationships with existing vendors and potential new vendors in line with the company’s strategic plans
- Value engineering for cost saving opportunities
- To be fully aware of all current standards and accreditations relevant to the organisation and the group
- To present and promote the company to prospective customers and suppliers, representing the company in a professional manner at all times
- To work with internal customers and colleagues to ensure agreed NPI timescales are adhered to and that clear communications are maintained at all time
- To familiarise yourself with other Group companies & personnel and ensure that where possible we are taking full advantage of “internal Suppliers” where commercially beneficial to do so
- To identify training requirements within the department and ensure that that these are addressed in consultation with Senior Management
- To remain abreast of developments and advancements in the area of NPI to ensure that our client consistently remains ahead of the market and their competition
Expect in return:
- To join a hard-working, progressive and ambitious team of technology and electronics enthusiasts
- Ongoing training and development
- Good career progression
- Excellent, well located office in Newbury, Berkshire
- Strong benefits package
If you feel you have the previous NPI Buying experience, combined with the solid understanding and passion for the Electronics market that our client are looking for – apply today!
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
Search more opportunities on our website and on social using #WeAreFused
Fused Recruitment Ltd is an equal opportunities agency.