Our Publishing client are seeking first-class individuals with a passion for publishing & business. The role is similar to that of a movie producer: get the script, finance it by pitching advertisers and hand-pick the team that is going to create it.
Does this sound like you?
This award-winning London based publishing house produce special reports and supplements exclusively for The Times and The Sunday Times. They are founded on the conviction that the intelligent mass still value focused, high-quality content – normally comment and analysis – professionally produced and attractively presented.
With the freshest ideas and strongest momentum in the market, our client is a high growth company with tremendous prospects for the future. They endeavour to attract candidates that replicate their characteristics as a business: entrepreneurial, brave, with an energetic can-do attitude.
As a Publishing Manager, you will be project managing five different print projects a year with responsibility for the entire project lifecycle, from conception to the finished product. Responsibilities include managing research, editorial commissioning, production and sales on each of these five publications being produced for The Times & Sunday Times. You will be expected to develop your own leads pipeline and set up meetings to pitch high-level Directors across all sectors of industry, as well as working with some of the UK`s leading journalists and editors.
This is an extremely demanding role in a high-pressured business environment, with a lot of emphasis placed on sales and business development activities.
Our client offers a starting basic salary of £35,000 first year and a realistic OTE of £51,000 – top performers higher at around £70,000 OTE in year 1. Previous sales experience in the media industry is not a pre-requisite, but you need to be a first-class operator in whatever tasks and challenges you undertake.
Qualities and skills:
- Minimum of 1 years’ sales and business development experience (B2B)
- Track record in working with revenue targets
- Self-motivated and able to work independently
- Superb communication skills in spoken and written English
- A demonstrable and sustainable high level of energy and enthusiasm
- Clear entrepreneurial flair and passion for doing business
- Able to work and perform in a high pressured environment
- Happy to work as part of a growing business
- Interest in current affairs/business/publishing
- Strong academic background; a Bachelor degree minimum from Top 30 university (Business/Management/ Economics preferable)
- Good organisational skills
- Excellent research abilities
This is a unique opportunity for you to make a quick career in a high growth media company with good development opportunities both in the UK and abroad. If you think this is your line of business, let us know as soon as possible as we are looking for immediate starters.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
Search more opportunities on our website and on social using #WeAreFused
Fused Recruitment Ltd is an equal opportunities agency.