We’re excited to be working with one of Godalming’s most established PR Agencies who are now seeking a new Account Director to join their team, reporting into the Client Services Director.
This is a rare opportunity to join an agency with excellent staff retention who really reward, develop and look after their staff.
You’ll also have the opportunity to work with some amazing clients all of which are on a B2B basis and manage the full process, whilst helping lead and shape the agency from a senior level.
As an Account Director with our client, you are responsible for all client accounts in your business unit, identifying opportunities to grow each account and move them into new areas. As well as managing your team and the delivery of agreed activity, you should also concentrate on building and maintaining strong client relationships, delivering agreed client activity, managing both up and down where appropriate and acting as an ambassador for the agency.
Client Services Director involvement:
- Work with the Client Services Director to develop client proposals and plans, ultimately leading to the expansion of each account.
- Be involved in the development of financial budgets for each client annually, with an initial draft developed by the end of November and finalised budgets by the end of the year (depending on client financial year).
- Build close relationships with each client
- Focusing on developing long term strategy for each client, identifying new areas of focus and growth.
- Overseeing the team as they develop PR proposals and plans to support the client’s marketing and sales objectives
- At critical times, take the lead on major issues to manage a smooth path for the client and the agency whilst empowering and/or training your team to support accordingly and learn the correct procedures and protocols
- Attend regular client meetings to discuss ongoing activity delivery and ensure prompt distribution of minutes from those meetings
- Manage the delivery of your client’s PR campaigns/activities including managing the writing of press releases, extended articles, brochure/catalogue entries, advertisements and promotional material
- When required, provide expert writing support
- Maintain regular contact with the client during the month, keeping them fully informed of the work in progress
- Working with your team, identify forward news and general information pertinent to and about the industry and recommend action to be taken if appropriate
- Be an expert in your clients’ businesses, reading appropriate media; become familiar with their markets, business strategies, competitors and general industry news
- Attend client events where relevant including trade shows, product launches, conferences, hospitality events etc
- Meet with your Account Team weekly to progress client activity, review and delegate work, manage responsibilities, set targets and oversee delivery of activity.
- Help and encourage your team to build and maintain relationships with each client’s target media through regular contact including face-to-face briefings where appropriate
- Generally work to develop skill set of team members, mentoring, nurturing, encouraging and educating them to ensure personal development
- Conduct six monthly appraisals and following these, confirm training requirements
to the Client Services Director. In conjunction with HR, develop individual training schedules.
- Develop existing accounts as much as possible.
- Attend new business meetings and actively participate in new business pitches, including research, writing proposals and presentations
- Computer housekeeping; own filing and individual admin duties; Attend relevant events on behalf of the agency where appropriate.
Continue your professional development, in consultation with the Director; take an interest in the sectors relevant to your clients, prospects and the PR industry.
This is an extremely exciting role and an opportunity for someone to carve a senior level career within a hugely successful and well respected PR Agency – apply today!
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
Search more opportunities on our website and on social using #WeAreFused
Fused Recruitment Ltd is an equal opportunities agency.